2017年3月24日 星期五

6 Sci-fi Technologies About to Change the World (part 1)



We've all come out of the theater wishing we had whatever incredible gadgets which the heroes have owned after watching a fantastic sci-fi movie. But have you ever thought of those sci-fi inventions could become science facts someday? In my opinion, there are 6 brilliant ideas that will change the world, and today I’m going to share with you 2 incredible inventions that are going to become reality in the near future.


1. Space Elevator




To build a space elevator, the cable component would need to be stronger and lighter than any material we have ever known. At present, carbon nanotubes (CNTs) have been identified as possibly being able to meet the strength requirement for a space elevator. Other materials like boron nitride nanotubes and diamond nano-threads are still under consideration. If the project works, the space elevator would be a tether to the earth surface and be extending into space. It would permit vehicles and human to travel along the cable from Earth directly into space. Space travel is no longer a dream.


Space elevator animation:



2. De-extinction




De-extinction is a process of using cloning as an option for bringing extinct species back to life. De-extinction are now underway to revive extinct species by extracting the DNA fragments and skin samples from specimens and fossils, then using their congeneric species as surrogate parents. The idea sounds great, but there are still some cases against species revival. Beth Shapiro, the famous evolutionary biologist is not optimistic about this process. She points out that "cloning" is a specific technique which cannot be accomplished without a living cell. The others group of scientists combat the process of de-extinction because they think it goes against the theory of evolution, that the extinct species were extinct for some reasons, human can not intervene the natural selection.

And there is a bad new for the Jurassic Park's fans, whether the process succeeds or not dinosaurs are not going to be revived.


De-extinction:



Because there are so many important points so I decided to separate the article into 3 part. Next time, I will introduce you the sound waves extinguisher and the air touch technology.


I hope you enjoyed.


6 則留言:

  1. I feel exciting after reading your blog. The improvement of technology always amazes me. I have always imagine that one day I can visit a zoo with dinosaurs, mammoths, etc. I don't know what you are going to talk about in the following articles, but I want to share another fascinating invention in the future, which is autonomous vehicles. In the future, people will no longer have to drive because the occurrence of autonomous vehicle. It is exciting, isn't it?

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Thanks for your reply, I see a animation clip about autonomous vehicles before and I think it is very cool. But it is too well-known so I'd like to introduce to everyone something more special that we didn't notice before. And about the idea of visit a dinosaurs or mammoths zoo, here is a bad news, they are not going to be revived XD

      刪除
  2. I think the theme you share this week really amazes me. The elevator sounds cool and a little bit exaggerated I think......but I think that human will build it one day. But if human create the elevator one day,maybe I would like to try so I can go to space :)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. The space elevator really sounds cool right! Imagining someday you could take a trip to the moon without the rocket and the astronaut training course! It will really be a dream come true for every astrology enthusiasts.

      刪除
  3. I've heard about the space elevator from news before, which really impresses me that the technology nowadays becomes so advanced. And I don't think the de-extinction is a bad a idea because we still can revive some species which are extinct due to human's selfishness. I really like this topic and as a sci-fi movie geek, I'm expecting your next sharing!!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. The de-extinction process is not a bad idea, but I think the scientists should first think about how to rescue the animals that are in danger of extinction before try to save those were extinct XD. And thanks for reading, I will work harder next time.

      刪除